QVSD Apple IDs for Students
When deploying Apple's iPads to students and staff it is important to understand the services and supports that Apple provides to schools. One of them is the use of school-managed Apple IDs.
QVSD Managed Apple IDs are special school-created and school-owned accounts that provide access to Apple services. Managed Apple IDs are designed to meet the privacy and security needs of schools, including limitations on purchasing and communications.
- The App Store, Apple Books, iTunes, and Apple Music purchases are not supported with Managed Apple IDs. Students will not be able to download additional apps.
- Find my iPhone is turned off.
- Services such as Apple Pay and Wallet cannot be accessed with a QVSD Managed Apple ID.
- FaceTime and Messages are disabled.
- 200 GB of free iCloud storage is available for QVSD Managed Apple IDs
Because QVSD Managed Apple IDs are created and assigned by Quaker Valley, school administration and IT staff can easily reset passwords for students.
For more information about Apple's Overview of Managed Apple IDs, please click here.