If you are a family in housing transition or a student staying temporarily in someone else’s home or living on your own, please call the District registration office at 412-749-3617 after completing the online registration form for assistance with your registration. You have certain educational rights under the McKinney-Vento Assistance Act.
Students must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2023 to register for the 2023-2024 school year. Information to register for kindergarten for Fall 2023 is available at District > Registration > Kindergarten Registration.
Grades 1-12 Registration
For students entering grades 1-12, registration is done online and is a two-step process:
1) Submission of Required Documents and
2) Completion of an Online Registration Form
Please read all the instructions under “Online Registration Form” and "Required Documents" below.
You will have the option to submit all or some of the required documents as an attachment when you complete the Online Registration Form. If you wish to submit documents with your Online Registration Form, please have a jpeg or pdf file ready at the time you begin. Otherwise, you may email the supporting documents to [email protected] after completing the Online Registration Form.
For your child’s registration to be complete, you must submit:
- Child’s Proof of Age: Copy of Birth Certificate or passport
- Child’s Proof of Immunization: A physician’s statement/record of immunizations. If you do not have copies of your child's records, your doctor's office may fax the records to 412-749-3601. For more information about required immunizations, view the School Immunization Regulations. If your child’s immunizations are not current, s/he will not be permitted to attend school.
- Two Proof of Residency
- A deed, lease, or tax bill ~ If you are new to the District and do not yet have these documents, a sales agreement will be accepted at the time of registration
- A utility bill, current vehicle registration, current PA driver’s license, or Dept. of Transportation identification card.
All proof must be dated within 30 days of application. Expired documents are not acceptable.
- If applicable, you may complete the Certification of Residency.
Additional required documents as applicable:
- Students in grades 6 through 12 cannot be scheduled for courses without a current transcript and/or report card.
- High school students who enroll after the start of their 9th grade year from another PIAA school and wish to play sports must meet PIAA eligibility requirements. A proper transfer requires that parents complete and sign the PIAA Transfer Waiver Request Form.
- Joint or Sole custody--A copy of a custody agreement indicating joint or sole custody.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
The form takes about 20 minutes to complete and is best done on a laptop or desktop computer. The link below will direct you to the InformedK12 site where you will enter your name and your email address. Click the blue box that says "Go To Form" and complete the form. For information that is marked "required" that does not apply, you may enter "NA." If you wish to upload any Required Documents with the form, there is a blue “Attachments” link at the top of the page.
A blue "Save Progress" button is located in the upper right corner of the form if you cannot complete it in one sitting. Once you have completed the online form, click the red rectangular button that says "Submit Form."
We will receive the form at District Office; you do not need to print the form. If you have any questions, please call 412-749-3617 or email [email protected].
If you wish to enroll your child but are a resident of another school district, please call 412-749-3617 or email [email protected]. Quaker Valley School District will admit non-resident students from other school districts subject to the conditions in the Non-Resident Tuition Info and Application.