Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 School Year (Fall 2021) is now open. Prospective Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021 in order to register for the 2021-2022 school year.
Information about 2021-2022 Kindergarten registration can be found here.
A Kindergarten Roundup event will be held later this year with specific dates forthcoming. Kindergarten Roundup provides families and Kindergarten students an opportunity to meet a Kindergarten teacher for a preliminary readiness screening and to provide academic tips for before school begins. Further details about Kindergarten Roundup will be sent to those families who have completed the Kindergarten registration online.
New Student Registration
(current school year 2020-2021)
Registration is a two step process: Completion of an Online Registration Form and submission of Required Documents.
If you have a child entering K-12 for the current 2020-2021 school year, please email Kelly Jones at email@example.com. A registration link will be sent to you. Instructions on how to complete the form are below.
Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year (Fall 2021) for Kindergarten Students will open on Feb 1st (see above) and on Monday April 26th for Grades 1-12. Please check back for instructions.
If you are a family in housing transition or a student staying temporarily in someone else’s home or living on your own, please call the District registration office at 412-749-5095 to personally assist you with your school enrollment. You have certain educational rights under the McKinney-Vento Assistance Act.
If you have any questions about the Registration process or if you wish to enroll your student but are a resident of another school district, please first contact Kelly Jones at 412-749-5095 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Quaker Valley School District will admit non-resident students from other school districts subject to the conditions in the NonResident Tuition Info and Application.
Online Registration Form
The form takes about 20 minutes to complete and is best done on a laptop or desktop computer. You will be directed to the InformedK12 site where you will enter your name, your child's name, and your email address. Click the blue box that says "Go To Form" and complete the form. For any information in the Registration form that is marked "required" that does not apply, you may enter "NA." A "Save Progress" button is located in the upper right corner of the form if you cannot complete it in one sitting. Once you have completed the online form, click the red rectangular button that says "Submit Form." We will receive the form at District Office; you do not need to print the form.
After completing the online registration form, you must submit proof of the child’s age, immunization records and proof of residency. These documents must be submitted in person to Kelly Jones, Student Information Specialist, at the Quaker Valley School District Office located at 100 Leetsdale Industrial Drive, Suite B Leetsdale, PA 15056. map/directions
Please contact Kelly Jones at 412-749-5095 or at email@example.com prior to stopping by the District Office. This will ensure that she is available when you arrive; a formal appointment does not need to be scheduled.
(Due to Covid restrictions, documents may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of Age – The child’s birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate.
- Proof of Immunizations – A physician’s statement/record of immunizations. If you do not have copies of your child's records, your doctor's office fax may the records to 412-749-3601. For more information about required immunizations, view the School Immunization Regulations. If your child’s immunizations are not current, s/he will not be permitted to attend school.
- Proof of Residency – Acceptable documents include a utility bill (gas, electric, water, cable) and/or valid PA driver’s license. If you are new to the district and do not yet have these documents, a signed lease or sales agreement will be accepted at the time of registration. If applicable, you may complete the Certification of Residency statement.
Additional required documents (if applicable)
- Students in grades 6 through 12 cannot be scheduled for courses without a current transcript and/or report card.
- High school students who enroll after the start of their 9th grade year from another PIAA school and wish to play a sport at QVHS must meet PIAA eligibility requirements. A proper transfer requires that parents complete and sign the PIAA Transfer Waiver Request Form
- Joint or Sole custody--A copy of a custody agreement indicating joint or sole custody.