2020-2021 New Student Registration
Registration is a two step process--completion of an online registration packet and submission of documentation which is explained below. If you have any questions about the information below or if you will be registering your child as a non-resident of Quaker Valley School District, please first contact Kelly Jones at 412-749-3621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-2021 Online Registration Packet
If you have a child entering Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year, please email Kelly Jones at email@example.com. A Kindergarten Registration Packet link will be sent to you.
Students entering grades 1-12
If you have a child entering grades 1-12 for the 2020-2021 school year, you will need to complete an online registration form (below). The form takes about 15 minutes to complete and is best done on a laptop or desktop computer.
You will be directed to the InformedK12 site where you will enter your name, your child's name and your email address. Click the blue box that says "Go To Form" and complete the form.
For any information in the Registration packet that is marked "required" that does not apply, you may enter "NA". A "Save Progress" button is located in the upper right corner of the form if you cannot complete it in one sitting. Once you have completed the online form, click the red rectangular button that says "Submit Form."
We will receive the form at District Office; you do not need to print the form.
Required documents for all students in grades K-12
After you complete the online registration form, you must submit proof of the child’s age, immunization records and proof of residency. These documents must be submitted in person to Kelly Jones, Student Information Specialist, at the Quaker Valley School District Office located in Leetsdale, PA. map/directions or driving directions are noted below.
Please contact Kelly Jones at 412-749-3621 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to stopping by the District Office. This will ensure that she is available when you arrive and that your records are processed as efficiently as possible. A formal appointment does not need to be scheduled.
- Proof of Age – The child’s birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate.
- Proof of Immunizations – A physician’s statement/record of immunizations. For more information, click on the “School Immunization Regulations” (below). If your child’s immunizations are not current, s/he will not be permitted to attend school.
- Proof of Residency – Acceptable documents to prove residency include a utility bill (gas, electric, water, cable) and/or valid PA driver’s license. If you are new to the district and do not yet have these documents, a signed lease or sales agreement will be accepted at the time of registration. (If applicable), you may complete the “Certification of Residency” statement (below). A utility bill and/or valid PA driver’s license must be submitted later.
From the light at the Sewickley Bridge (Route 65 and Broad Street, Sewickley), proceed north 2.7 miles. Take the ramp access on the right, then turn left over Route 65 and down the other side of the ramp. At the stop sign, go straight. Make the next right onto Leetsdale Industrial Drive. Go to the third complex entrance on the right (approximately 0.2 miles). The sign is marked QVSD Administrative Offices. We are located in Building 100 - Suite B.
Additional required documents (if applicable)
- Students in grades 6 through 12 cannot be scheduled for courses without a current transcript and/or report card.
- High school students who enroll at QVSD after the start of their 9th grade year from another PIAA school and wish to play a sport at QVHS must meet PIAA eligibility requirements. A proper transfer requires that parents complete and sign the PIAA Member School Athletic Transfer Waiver Request Form (below)
- Joint or Sole custody--A copy of a custody agreement indicating joint or sole custody.
Non-Resident Registration Forms
The Quaker Valley School District will admit non-resident students from other school districts subject to the conditions contained in the Non-Resident Application (below):
Once the non-resident application is accepted, complete the 2020-2021 Registration Instructions as listed above, with the exception of providing proof of residency.
Dates & information about Kindergarten Roundup for the 2021-2022 school year (Fall 2021) will be posted here when available.
Prospective kindergarten students and their parents or caregivers are urged to attend Kindergarten Round Up. This event is generally held in February each year. Children who will be five years old on or before September 1 can be registered for kindergarten during Round Up.
Kindergarten Round Up provides an opportunity for parents and children to lay the groundwork for a successful kindergarten experience. Parents or caregivers and prospective students will meet a kindergarten teacher for preliminary readiness screening and tips for working with students before and after school begins; an assistant school nurse to record immunization and health information and answer questions about individual health problems in the school setting; the registrar to collect enrollment documents; a parent representative to discuss parent/school partnership and opportunities for parent involvement; and a librarian to advise on book selection and fostering an appreciation for literature.