Schoology Information for Parents
Logging into Schoology
- Go to qvsd.org
- Click onto the Schoology link on the district’s homepage. Please bookmark this page so that you have the direct link to the district’s Schoology account.
- Enter your username and password.
You can also download the Schoology App for all iOS and Android devices.
Viewing Course Information in Schoology
- Go to qvsd.org and select the Schoology icon on the left side of the page.
- Log into Schoology using the username and password that you created.
- Click on the arrow at the top right of the page (next to your name).
- Select your child’s name. Select Courses from the top of the page or the Calendar icon in the black bar
Communicating with Teachers via Schoology
Teachers may send an email to a student, a parent, the entire class, or all parents via their Schoology course. When the teacher’s email is sent to a group of people, your reply will only be sent to the teacher, not everyone listed on the email.
To send an email from within Schoology:
- Log into Schoology
- Select the envelope in the black bar
- Select NEW MESSAGE
- Enter the user’s name (after entering most of the name, names which match the letters will appear in the drop-down list)
- Type the message
- Click SEND
Emails sent from Schoology will be sent to the teacher’s Schoology account and their school email account.
Receiving Parent Email Digest and Overdue Notifications
The Parent Email Digest is an email that you can receive on a daily or weekly basis. It contains information pertaining to your child/children’s Schoology account. The digest contains overdue notices and recent activities such as student posts, updates, and submissions for assignments or tests/quizzes. It also contains grades and attendance, which should be disregarded because Quaker Valley uses PowerSchool, not Schoology for grading and attendance.
To receive the Parent Digest or notifications for overdue assignments:
- Log into your Schoology account.
- Select one child’s name from the arrow at the top right.
- When you are viewing the child’s account, select the arrow at the top right again.
- Select SETTINGS.
- From the NOTIFICATIONS tab, select either Parent Email Digest and/or Overdue Notifications. Follow the prompts on the screen to select the frequency of delivery.
- Repeat this procedure for other children, as needed.
To ensure that you will get the email notifications:
- Select the arrow at the top right of the Schoology page.
- Select your name from the list.
- Select the arrow again and then select ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
- On the Account Settings tab, you will see your email address in the middle of the page. If you see, RESEND VERIFICATION EMAIL, click the link and when the email arrives, select the link in the email to verify your address.