The Village Preschool at Laughlin Center
424 Frederick Avenue
Sewickley, PA 15143
The Village Preschool is proud to offer a developmentally appropriate preschool program with the goal of providing a nurturing environment to help young children experience learning success. "It's a place where wisdom is shared and the spirit is nourished."
Our philosophy and approach:
- understands the child's need to play.
- stimulates the development of physical, social, emotional, and cognitive skills.
- promotes the child's self-esteem.
- prepares a child for more formal schooling.
We offer thoughtful and creative programming by a well-qualified staff. We are licensed by the PA Department of Education and are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Mixed age group (must be 3 by September 1).
- Morning (9:00-11:30) and afternoon (12:30-3:00) classes available, Monday through Thursday.
- Family friendly scheduling - parents choose how many and which days to attend.
- Class size of 18 children with 2 teachers.
- Activities include creative play, snack, circle time, monthly themed activities, pre-reading and pre-math activities, language enrichment.
- Preschool Jumpstart - 10 summer sessions to introduce new students to our preschool.
- Preschool Plus - 2 Fridays a month (October-April) for our older children; provides expanded academic experiences.