Resources for Parents
Northern Area Alliance Against Highly Addictive Drugs
- Activities, support services, and resource links for youth drug victims and families
Gateway Rehabilitation Center
- Comprehensive care for chemically dependent adults, youth and their families
- The Department for Health and Human Services - information about drug/alcohol abuse, addiction, sexually transmitted diseases, children and families, and other health services
Office of National Drug Control Policy
- The Office of National Drug Control Policy - guides, press releases and other publications from the government
Above the Influence
- Education on the effects of drug and alcohol abuse with interactive games, downloads, and other drug prevention material
- Educational resource on prescription/OTC drugs, medical devices and other health issues
Common Sense Media
This comprehensive website provides advice for parents on various topics including: cyberbullying, digital technology, digital citizenship, internet safety, social networking and virtual worlds, mobile communication, and family media management. This website even has an iPhone app.
The STAR (Services for Teens At Risk) Center provides clinical and outreach services and responsive care for youth and their families.
Sewickley Area Resources
Sewickley Public Library
Allegheny County Department of Health & Human Services
Youth Connect is committed to providing vital resources and information to our kids, their parents and the community at large, to support our youth in the identification and avoidance of risky behavior while reinforcing resilient and informed behavior.
Youth Connect Blog