Chat with Charlie
Quaker Valley's Director of Facilities and Administrative Services, Mr. Charlie Gauthier, answers the high school project questions.
- Can you explain how the budget ceiling for the new high school was created?
- How do we know that the District can afford a new high school?
- How does the High School Project impact the District's overall budget?
- How will the High School Project personally affect my taxes as a homeowner?
- How can I ensure that I am getting the most accurate information about this project and other District matters?
- Can you provide us with an update on the progress of the project?
- What is a schematic design, and how did the architects develop it?
- What are the architects currently working on? What is site development?
- What are the next steps as we move forward?
- An update on the project/zoning/architect selection
- What was the conclusion of the traffic impact study?
- Why is the cost per square foot higher than other new schools?
- Where can I find the research that’s been done to date?
- Why did the renovation costs increase from 2019 to 2020?
- Why can't students and staff stay in the high school during a renovation project?
- What is the cost of a new high school?
- How will you address geotechnical issues on the property?
- How will you mitigate the effect of stormwater runoff?
- What will be done to mitigate the effects of stormwater runoff after construction?
- When it comes to zoning, is asking for a special exception unique to this high school property?
- What is the latest with the new high school?
- Why not renovate the current high school?
- Why did the District select the site off of Camp Meeting Road?
- When will the new high school be built?