Summer Food Service Program
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and was established in 1968 to respond to growing research that correlated a child’s nutrition with academic success and concerns about the lack of nutrition resources for children during the summer months.
Nutritious free meals are available for children and teens 18 and younger at many locations throughout the nation throughout the summer while school is out of session.
Help spread the word.
Families can find their closest meal site when they:
- Call 211
- Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
- Text “MEALPA” to 877877 during the summer months
- Visit the website: www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks
- Use the site locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org
- For additional information about the Summer Food Service Program please contact Mary Ringenberg at email@example.com or 717.783.6501.