The Quaker Valley High School Class of 2019 will celebrate commencement on Monday, June 10, at 7:30 p.m. at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall located at 4141 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Doors to the venue open at 6:30 p.m.
Guest parking is available in the Soldiers and Sailors parking garage at 4390 Bigelow Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Parking is a $5 flat rate after 4 p.m. The lot accepts cash and credit cards. There is also on street metered parking.
All graduating seniors will travel with the class to Soldiers and Sailors, but they are not required to rid the bus home from the ceremony. Seniors are to meet at QVHS no later than 4 p.m. The bus will leave promptly at 4:15 p.m. All seniors are asked to wear black dress clothes and black dress shoes. With a signed permission form, students will be allowed to leave the graduation ceremony with a family member.
The handicap drop off entrance is on the left side of the building on University Place. Guests may gain access to this entrance through the street level employee parking lot. Handicap bathrooms are located on the third floor and are accessible via the elevators. Handicap seating is limited to the auditorium's first floor, not the balcony.
Driving directions to Soldiers and Sailors from QVHS:
- Start out going northwest on Beaver Road toward Little Sewickley Creek Road
- Beaver Road becomes Beaver Street
- Turn Left onto Quaker Drive
- Take PA-65 South
- PA-65 S Becomes I-279/US-19 Trk S/ Parkway North/Fort Duquesne Bridge S
- Merge onto 376 E/US-30 E/ US -22 E/Penn Lincoln Parkway E/ Parkway East via the exit on the left
- Merge onto Forbes Avenue via EXIT 72 A toward Oakland
- Turn Left onto Bigelow Blvd.
- Take the 1st Left onto 5th Avenue
- Soldiers and Sailors Hall, 4141 Fifth Avenue. If you reach University Place, you've gone a little too far.
QVHS to Soldiers and Sailors is about 18 miles.