OS Service Learning Project
- OS Service Learning Project
- 10/8/2019, 9:45 AM – 12:30 PM
- Osborne Elementary
This year, Osborne students will engage in a year-long service learning project focusing on the universal need for easy access to clean water. The HSA has teamed up with nonprofit CEED to install a well at a primary school in Uganda, Africa. The service learning project kick-off will be on October 8th with students rotating through stations from 9:45 AM -12:30 PM.
At this kick-off event, we will be Introducing the Idea by having the children move through three progressive stations:
1. LEARNING about Ugandan culture and way of life. We will introduce some truths of poor access to clean water and the implications to wellness.
2. Experience how the Ugandan children WALK TO GET WATER each day with an outdoor activity involving water jugs and the track.
3. Exploring ways that we can HELP 500 students at a primary school halfway around the world gain access to clean drinking water.
- Service Learning Project 19-20.pdf 668.30 KB