This summer Derek Clark, Quaker Valley High School's Athletic Trainer and Director of Athletic Performance will be offering a one day a week athletic enhancement program for QV athletes entering 7th and 8th grade for the 2018-19 school year.
Inaugural Grizz Athletic Performance QV Middle School Program
Offered For: Any QV athlete entering 7th or 8th grade for the school year 2018-19. This is a Co-Ed Program.
Offered By: QV Athletic Trainer and Director of Athletic Performance Derek Clark
Goals: The goal of this program is to introduce middle school aged athletes who attend Quaker Valley to the athletic development program that is offered at the high school level. This program’s foundation is built upon the development of the overall athlete by teaching and improving all the physical and mental qualities that it takes to succeed at any given sport. The number one goal of this program is to help decrease the risk of injury to the athlete. This is not a sport specific program but an overall athletic development program. Some of the physical and mental qualities that will be taught include:
- Soft Tissue Preparation (foam rolling)
- Mobility and flexibility drills and exercises (both static and dynamic)
- Activation Exercises (getting certain areas of the body ready to work)
- Deceleration/ Acceleration
- Strength Exercises (Teach proper movement and technique of various exercises: Squat, hip hinging, push-ups, core, ect)
- Conditioning drills (introduction to short high intensity drills and longer lower intensity drills)
10. Competition in the form of games and during any of the drills above
11. Understanding the difference between mental toughness and pushing too far
June: 12 and 19
July: 10, 17, 24, 31
Time: There are two sessions that are limited to 30 kids per session.
Session 1: 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Session 2: 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Cost: $115.00 (This is the flat rate. There is not an option to pay for fewer sessions)
Where: Quaker Valley High School. We will use the football field and track
Where to meet: There will be an introductory meeting along with registration collection on Tuesday June 5 in the Quaker Valley High School Auditorium at 7 p.m. (As long as there is not a conflict with a spring sport playoff game).
What to bring: Running shoes (you can wear soccer or football cleats if you would like) and a water bottle. I will have a cooler out to refill your bottle as needed.
Weather: We will workout everyday that it is scheduled for. As long as there is not thunder and lightning we will do our entire workout on the field. If there is thunder and lightning we will either spend the time in the weight room or do the running portion in the gym (if available) or in the hallways.
Copy of Current Physical: This is a physically intense program and due to that I would like to have a copy of your son/ daughter’s current physical. This can be a copy of their physical from the 2017-18 school year.
Consent for Medical/ Surgical Treatment Form: This form is probably familiar to you. This form is needed in the event that your son/ daughter gets injured during camp and needs medical attention. By filling out this form it allows me to be able to get your son/ daughter the medical treatment he/ she needs even if you can not be reached.
What do you need to do to register:
- Email Derek that your son/ daughter will be involved in the program and which session you prefer (session sign ups are first come first serve and are based on the date and time your email is received)
- Derek will email you back the registration and medical release forms along with confirmation of the session time.
- Fill out the registration form
- Fill out the medical release form
- Obtain a copy of the athlete’s current physical
- Bring these forms with you and your son/ daughter along with the payment of $115 (cash is preferred check is acceptable made out to Derek Clark) to the meeting on June 5.
If you have any questions about the program please contact Derek at: Cell: 402-540-4857 Email: email@example.com