To register your child in the Quaker Valley School District, please contact Diane Hess at 412-749-5095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. This will ensure that your records are processed as efficiently as possible and minimize wait times for busy families.
Registration appointments are conducted at the District Office, located at 100 Leetsdale Industrial Drive, Leetsdale, PA 15056. map
From the light at the Sewickley Bridge (Route 65 and Broad Street, Sewickley), proceed north 2.7 miles. Take the ramp access on right, then turn left over Route 65 and down the other side. At the stop sign, go straight. Make a right onto Leetsdale Industrial Drive. Go to the third complex entrance on the right (approximately 0.2 miles). The sign is marked "QVSD Offices."
The parent or guardian will need to provide the following when registering a new student:
- Student Registration Form (click on the link below)
- Proof of Age: The child’s birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate
- Proof of Immunization Status: A physician’s statement/record of immunizations. For more information, click on the “Immunization Requirements” link below. If your child’s immunizations are not current, they will not be permitted to attend school.
- Proof of Residency – Acceptable documents to establish residency include a deed, a lease, utility bills, vehicle registration, driver’s license or Dept. of Transportation identification card. A district may require that more than one form of residency confirmation be provided. If the utility bill, lease, or sales agreement is not in your name, you must complete the Certification of Residency form (below).
- (if applicable) the student’s transcript (high school students, grades 9-12, cannot be scheduled without a current transcript).
- (if applicable) Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association, Inc. (PIAA) Form – High School students who enroll at QVSD after the start of their 9th grade year from another PIAA school and wish to play a sport at QVHS must meet PIAA eligibility requirements. A proper transfer requires that parents complete and sign the PIAA Member School Athletic Transfer Waiver Request Form (below).
- (if applicable) a copy of the custody agreement indicating shared custody or a notarized statement from the shared-custodial parent verifying knowledge of the child's enrollment in QVSD.
The parent or guardian must present all registration information in person. Original signatures are required on all forms.
Registration forms can be completed at the district office, or you can download a copy of the registration forms below and bring the completed forms with you when you visit district office. Electronic submissions are not accepted. Click on the registration forms below to download a copy.
If you have registration questions, please call Diane Hess at 412-749-5095 or email email@example.com.
Non-Resident Registration Forms
The Quaker Valley School District will admit non-resident students from other school districts subject to the conditions listed on the forms below:
Once your non-resident application is accepted, please download and complete the registration packet and forms listed above, except for the Certification of Residency.
Kindergarten Round Up for 2018-2019
February 20-23, 2018
Edgeworth Elementary School
Prospective kindergarten students and their parents or caregivers are urged to attend Kindergarten Roundup. This event is generally held in February each year. Children who will be five years old on or before September 1, can be registered for kindergarten during Round Up. Parents or caregivers should make appointments for one of the days by calling Diane Hess at the Quaker Valley School District Office, 412-749-5095. Appointments last approximately 30 minutes.
Kindergarten Roundup provides an opportunity for parents and children to lay the groundwork for a successful kindergarten experience. Parents or caregivers and prospective students will meet a kindergarten teacher for preliminary readiness screening and tips for working with students before and after school begins; an assistant school nurse to record immunization and health information and answer questions about individual health problems in the school setting; a guidance counselor to answer questions about school and discuss developmental concerns; a parent representative to discuss parent/school partnership and opportunities for parent involvement; and a librarian to advise on book selection and fostering an appreciation for literature.
Kindergarten Brochure 18-19
Kindergarten Registration Packet 2018-2019