Health and Safety Procedures
Parents are expected to complete a health screening (link here) each day before sending a child to school. Please keep your child home from school if they are experiencing any of the symptoms identified in this screening.
Face coverings (masks or face shields) must always be worn by students/staff members. Masks may be removed during lunch and designated mask breaks. Students with documented health conditions may be exempt from wearing masks. Please contact your school nurse if you have any questions.
- Mask breaks will be scheduled at the elementary schools at the discretion of the classroom teacher in outside spaces, or other large indoor areas where physical distancing is maximized (recess, class walks, physical education, and lunch).
- Mask breaks at the middle school may occur during lunch, Performing Arts, Related Arts, or Tutorial periods if/when teachers are able to bring students outside of the building.
- Mask breaks at the high school may occur during lunch, when students are outside the building, or when a teacher conducts class outdoors and the students are physically distanced.
Additional Safety Protocols
- Water fountains are turned off, but touchless water bottle fillers are available. Students should bring their own non-breakable water bottle.
- On-campus instruction includes classrooms with desks arranged to maximize physical distancing with the goal of six feet when possible.
- Disinfecting wipes are available in each classroom; students should not bring their own wipes to school but may use their own personal hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all classrooms, building entry points, and cafeterias.
- The sharing of materials will be limited to the greatest extent possible.