Grading and Attendance
PowerSchool is the District's student information system. This web-based tool is where the District manages student data such as the student's address, parent names, contact phone numbers, email addresses, students' grades, and attendance.
Teacher grade books are available in Powerschool for students in grades 3-12. Students and parents can log in to Powerschool to see their grades in each class. Grading at each building follows regular established practices that are outlined in the Elementary Parent Handbooks and Program of Studies (for middle and high school), which are available on the building pages of the QVSD website.
Parents and students can access information such as grades and attendance in PowerSchool using a parent or student account.
To create a parent account in PowerSchool, parents will need an Access ID and Access Password for each child. These can be obtained by contacting the administrative assistant at your child's building:
- Edgeworth Elementary: Sue Paton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Osborne Elementary: Karen Schurman (email@example.com)
- Quaker Valley Middle School: Lara Hemwell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Quaker Valley High School: Sandy Charko (email@example.com)
Please be sure to indicate "PowerSchool Login needed" in the subject line of your email. To create your account, go to www.qvsd.org and click on the PowerSchool icon.
Student attendance is handled the same way in an online environment as it is in school:
- Students are expected to attend each live session on time. The teacher will take attendance at the beginning of the session to ensure the students are present and that their equipment is functioning properly.
- Student cameras should remain ON for the duration of the session. Students may be permitted to turn off their video as long as they remain engaged in the lesson. Please check with your teacher first for permission.
- Students who are absent for a live lesson will be responsible for following the teacher's direction in reviewing material and completing all assignments and work.